Sunday, July 25, 2010

I JUST WANT TO BE WHERE YOU ARE!


Our cat had 4 kittens on Memorial Day! I could go all into how much Andy DOES NOT like cats, or how tired I am of taking care of one more thing!, but I am focusing on the positive in order to illustrate a point! :) We have been keeping them upstairs in a big closet area until the owners come for them. Bella, the mother is getting rather tired of being a mother and is ready for her freedom! I guess we can all relate to that at times....anyway, the other day the door was left open accidentally and I looked up to see 4 of the cutest faces all up and down the staircase! They had found their freedom from the confining closet. They were all timidly making their way down the stairs to explore all of this newfound freedom. Just about the time the last one reached the floor, Bella decided to come back in to check on them. As she ran past them, each one of them turned and dashed back up the stairs behind her right back into the closet that they were earlier so anxious to leave.

As I watched them follow her back, the Lord brought Exodus 33:15 to my mind. "Lord, if Your presence doesn't go with us, do not send us up from here." As badly as they wanted out of that closet, as inviting as that "whole new world" looked to them, they ultimately just wanted to be where Bella was! That is my prayer for each of us today, "Lord, may we just want to be where You are! May we want nothing more than to dwell daily in Your presence. Lord, we don't want to worship You from afar, we just want to be where You are!" AMEN!

The greatest part of that passage in Exodus 33 is that the Lord speaks and His response to Moses is, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest!" What a promise when our heart's cry is Him! He will not only be there, but there will be rest and I believe that's something we are all in much need of!

Rest in Him!
I love you,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment